“With Corepoint Integration Engine’s graphical user interface, building, testing, and deploying interfaces is simple.”
Healthcare Interfacing Challenges
Seattle Radiologists needed a stable integration platform that would enable them to integrate disparate applications within their IT infrastructure and eliminate costly point-to-point connections. In addition, they required more control and better monitoring capabilities over their entire integrated environment enabling them implement interfaces within their timelines and proactively monitor and address any connection issues in the orders-to-results cycle. Reading for a large group of referring hospitals posed a need for efficient EMR and EHR connectivity with varying hospital EMR or RIS systems to eliminate manual steps and automate data exchanges.
To surmount the challenges of a point-to-point application environment and manual processes that hindered productivity, Seattle Radiologists implemented Corepoint Integration Engine.
With a more integrated workflow, Seattle Radiologists was able to configure, test, deploy, and proactively troubleshoot interfaces, as needed, according to their timeframes and with the independence from other vendors. Corepoint Integration Engine help set the stage for Seattle Radiologists to implement an enterprise-wide worklist solution to enhance radiologist productivity, and dynamically organize readings to effectively leverage radiologist expertise.
Overall, implementing Corepoint Integration Engine has provided a new level of confidence in connecting efficiently with internal systems and referring physicians and hospitals.
Summary of Benefits:
- Proactively monitor integration environment
- Quickly troubleshoot and repair connection issues with robust alerting and monitoring features
- Send and resend messages as needed to meet vendor HL7 messaging requirements with comprehensive log file features
- Connect directly to different HIS and EMR systems, delivering high quality reporting to referring hospitals, clinics, and physicians – strengthening relationships
- Realized shorter turnaround times in delivering reports to the ordering physician
- Corepoint Integration Engine help set the stage for implementing an advanced unified worklist solution to aggregate clinical data to enhance radiologist productivity
Systems integrated with Corepoint Integration Engine include:
- PACS (Fuji Synapse)
- PACS (Philips iSite)
- PACS (GE Centricity)
- EMR (NextGen)
- RIS (Merge Fusion)
- RIS (GE Centricity RIS-IC)
- EMR (GE Centricity)
Seattle Radiologists APC, in operation for more than 45 years, is a large regional radiology group based in Seattle, Washington providing innovative diagnostic outpatient imaging services to hospitals, clinics and physician practices throughout the Pacific Northwest.