Managing radiology application interfaces using an integration engine is much more cost effective and efficient than relying on RIS and EHR vendors.
As a radiology practice grows, the need for interfacing with referring organizations will grow. Reducing costs associated with developing and maintaining interfaces is key to growing the bottom line.
Radiology providers using point-to-point interfaces typically have to pay multiple vendors to develop and maintain each interface. These significant costs are associated with each new growth opportunity and take a chunk out of profits. When Corepoint Integration Engine is used for interfacing, reliance on other vendors for interface development and maintenance is greatly reduced. As a result, interface costs decrease and profits are maximized.
Improve efficiency and control
Corepoint Integration Engine provides direct control over interfaces. Building interfaces with the engine takes a fraction of the time needed to manage the development of a point-to-point interface. Radiology providers can build a fully operational interface in just a few hours.
By contrast, time required to create a functional point-to-point interface is completely dependent on external vendors. After paperwork and payment are finalized, there can be delays before EHR vendors can even begin work on a new interface. Corepoint Integration Engine provides direct control over interfaces with features designed to easily monitor traffic and statistics, search message data passing through the engine and troubleshoot all aspects of an interface. There are many other benefits an Corepoint Integration Engine provides, including:
- As-you-build testing that provides confidence that interface logic is production-ready
- Interface graphing that provides a visual representation of data flow with the ability to create new interfaces with a click of a button (see graphic below).
- The ability to use any healthcare data standard or protocol.
- Disaster Recovery and Assured Availability features that ensures data continuance.
- Mobile and desktop monitoring.
- Tailored alerts that provide warnings before workflow is disrupted, and more.